This is one of three masks that Mo and I made for a community project. The masks will be auctioned off the end of October to benefit ARC. They provide services for people with disabilities. The mask forms we received were not very durable so I tried making a new one with sculpy and baking it. It kept melting in the oven. I wanted to glue coffee beans to it but hot glue was all that was sticking to the sculpy. After burning my fingers several times I finally made do with elmer's and continue to pray they don't all fall off. I made a visor out of a starbucks cup and the sunglasses act as a stand so it is propped up on the table. I am excited to see what the other artists do to have a better idea for a more sturdy mask. It was a fun project to do with my girl Mo.
Monday, September 29, 2008
mask project
This is one of three masks that Mo and I made for a community project. The masks will be auctioned off the end of October to benefit ARC. They provide services for people with disabilities. The mask forms we received were not very durable so I tried making a new one with sculpy and baking it. It kept melting in the oven. I wanted to glue coffee beans to it but hot glue was all that was sticking to the sculpy. After burning my fingers several times I finally made do with elmer's and continue to pray they don't all fall off. I made a visor out of a starbucks cup and the sunglasses act as a stand so it is propped up on the table. I am excited to see what the other artists do to have a better idea for a more sturdy mask. It was a fun project to do with my girl Mo.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment